The possibility of modifying and coloring the material easily.
The material used is very similar to natural teeth.
It is not necessary to need a metal base for its installation.
Do not remove anything from the original tooth.
The formulas are safe even if they remain in the mouth for a long time.
Zircon crowns are also much stronger than porcelain.
It can be easily made.
In this article, we'll put in your hands all the details and everything you need to know about zirconium and the tips you need to follow and learn.
What is zircon?
The use of zirconium crowns is one of the latest uses in dentistry, which also has great durability that adapts to the shape of teeth to a large extent, despite its prevalence, little is known about it.
What are the advantages of zirconium crowns for teeth?
The benefits of zirconia for teeth are numerous:
- The material can be easily modified and colored.
- The material used is very similar to natural teeth.
- A metal base is not necessarily required for installation.
- No need to remove anything from the original tooth.
- The formulations are safe even if kept in the mouth for long periods.
- Temperature tolerant.
- Frequently used.
- Zirconium crowns are also much stronger than porcelain.
- They are easy to fabricate.
What are the advantages of zirconium fittings?
Zirconium has many features that doctors prefer to use:
- An indescribable color.
- somewhat unbreakable.
- High resistance to oxidation.
What are the disadvantages of zircon crowns?
Many people believe that zirconium crowns are unsafe, presenting more risks than benefits. Among the disadvantages are the following…
- Its transparency is limited, and it can also be distinguished from the natural tooth.
- It is difficult to detect decay under the crown, due to its high durability.
- High cost.
- Doctors use gold crowns for their ease and flexibility of use.
How are zircon crowns made?
The process starts with a stereotax, which is then sent to the laboratory, where it is placed in a customized mold. This mold is determined using a laser with a certain technology, and then designed on the computer using a program called CAD.
The crown is then placed at a certain temperature to keep it solid, and sent to the clinic for use. This procedure typically takes several days.
What are the different types of dental crowns?
There are several types of dental crowns:
- Ceramic crowns.
- Porcelain crowns.
- Composite resin crowns.
- They also include porcelain fused to metal (PFM).
What are the prices of zirconium dental crowns?
There is a big difference in the price of zirconium crowns, which is determined by the doctor himself and based on his experience and taking into account the different conditions of each person. It also differs from one country to another, depending on its economic situation.
How are zircon teeth prepared?
The preparation method for zirconia teeth is computer-aided, and involves several steps and lists…
- The doctor takes a custom mold by drawing the shape, and also sends it to the laboratory to be fabricated in the specified materials and laser-identified.
After processing, it is sent to the cutting, coloring and heating machines to be adapted for correct installation.
Zirconium implants for front teeth
Zirconium crowns are installed for front teeth as part of a cosmetic procedure that the patient also performs, based on the following advantages:
- Brilliant natural color.
- Hardness and strength.
- No discoloration over time.
- Biocompatibility with the environment.